Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Yiaourti me Meli (Yogurt with Honey)

A few years back (OK, more than a few) my cousin and I had the wonderful privilege of travelling together. We were single, foot-loose, and fancy-free (and loving every minute of it)! We tried to conserve our $$ by making our own breakfast and lunch, which were quite meagre. But for dinner we splurged and went out. 

On one of our evenings out, we made our way into a Greek restaurant (which is funny, as we were in Germany at the time). The young male owners were also the young male waiters, and neither spoke English. Now, travelling with food sensitivities is difficult. Travelling with food sensitivities in a country where no one understands you is downright impossible.

Through hand signals and a lot of pointing at the menu, I managed to order something. Although I don't remember what dinner was, I never forgot dessert! For one thing, I could actually eat it. For another, it was delicious. And thirdly, it was served to us with much Grecian flourish, and numerous requests to accompany those young male waiters to the DISCO (the only word we understood from them).

A super fun memory, and a dessert that I'm excited to pass on to you. It is easy, but so good!

Serve it after your greek inspired meal, or sneak it as a guilt-free snack. Yes, a dessert thats actually good for you. Who knew that existed?
In individual bowls, put:
3/4 c. plain greek yogurt (balkian)

Drizzle with:
1-2 Tbsp. good quality honey

Top with:
1 Tbsp. walnut pieces

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...