Monday, June 18, 2012

Tomato, Basil and Bocconcini Salad with Balsamic Glaze


First of all, let me apologize for my extended absence. We just found out that we are expecting our 4th baby (!!) and I have been struggling with morning all-day sickness, so food has been off my radar for the last week or so. However, today I had an unexpected burst of energy (and appetite) and decided to make one of my favorite salads. Here it is for you!!

Blasamic Glaze:

1 c. balsamic vinegar
2 T. whole unrefined cane sugar, or brown sugar
1 T. soy sauce

Combine ingredients in saucepan and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer until thick and syrupy - about 20 minutes. (Do not overcook! This will turn to candy!) Remove from heat, and let cool. Store in the fridge.

Salad:

1 454 g container bocconcini cheese (regular size), sliced
3 roma tomatoes, sliced
2 stems of basil, rolled and sliced
Salt and Pepper

Layer your salad, tomatoes and cheese. Sprinkle with basil, salt and pepper. Drizzle with balsamic glaze, or your favorite balsamic vinagrette.

1 comment:

  1. Ami, this is one of my favorite things to eat!!! :) Thanks for the reminder, I'll have to make this again!

    Leanne

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...