Saturday, April 7, 2012

Puff Pastry Chicken Pot Pie

Chicken Pot Pie has always been one of my favorite comfort foods. And this recipe emerged out of my love of puff pastry. Even though we have a low-wheat diet, I am unable to resist all that flaky buttery goodness. So, I combined two of my favorites into one yummy meal. Hope you like it too!

1 package puff pastry, thawed to room temperature
1 pie crust (I used Tenderflake)
2 Tbsp. butter
2 Tbsp. flour
1 t. salt
1/8 t. pepper
1/8 t. thyme
1/2 c. chicken broth
1/2 c. almond milk, original
2 c. cooked chicken (or turkey), cubed
1/2 c. frozen veggies (peas, corn, green beans, or whatever  you have on hand)
1/2 c. fresh carrots, sliced

Melt butter in large saucepan over low heat. Blend in flour, salt, pepper, and thyme. Cook over low heat, stirring until mixture is smooth and bubbly. Remove from heat. Stir in chicken broth and milk. Heat to boiling, stirring constantly. Boil and stir 1 minute or until thickened. Add in chicken and vegetables.

Pour into pie crust. Cover with puff pastry, folding edges under. Bake 30 minutes or until golden.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...