Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Balsamic Pasta

Every Monday I get out my cookbooks and get my inspiration (and my recipes) for the week. This week I found plenty in one cookbook, "That's Trump", by Best of Bridge. This is the cookbook in the series with fat-reduced recipes, and although I love the recipes from all the Best of Bridge  cookbooks, I do appreciate the health-consciousness of this particular volume. This recipe was a hit with the fam, and you could easily add chicken or tuna to it for some extra protein punch.

Pasta:
2 c. uncooked rotini or fusilli
1 each red, orange and green pepper, sliced in strips
1 med. red onion, thinly sliced
3 carrots, sliced diagonally
2 garlic cloves, minced
2 Tbsp. olive oil
1 14 oz. jar of marinated artichokes, drained, reserve oil

Cook pasta according to directions. Meanwhile, stir-fry veggies and garlic in oil. Add drained artichokes and fold into cooked pasta.

Dressing:
2 Tbsp. fresh chopped basil or 1 Tbsp. dried
1/3 c. lemon juice
2 garlic cloves, minced
2 Tbsp. capers
1/2 t. nutmeg
1 Tbsp. Balsamic vinegar
oil from marinated artichokes

In a  blender, combine all dressing ingredients. Toss with cooked pasta and serve. Store any leftover dressing in the fridge.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...