Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Baked Oatmeal

For Estelle! Thanks for reading!!


Last summer I took the kids (no hubby) to family camp with a friend of mine. Between the 2 of us, we had a 6 year old, a 3 year old, a 2 year old, an 8 mo. old, and a 6 mo. old. Yes, we were crazy. BUT we had a great time, so much so that we're doing the exact same thing this year.

The food at this place was AMAZING, and mealtimes were such a great time of relaxing for us moms, as we didn't need to cook a darn thing. One morning we were served baked oatmeal, which my friend had raved about (she had been the year before). Unfortunately for me, it was full of wheat, sugar and milk; more like a cake. When I came home, I made it my mission to find a baked oatmeal that I could serve to my family. Ta-da! Here it is:

3 c. rolled oats (I use quick, but I think any would work)
1/2 c. unrefined raw cane sugar, or sugar of your choice
2 t. ground cinnamon
2 t. baking powder
1 t. salt
1 c. almond milk, or milk of your choice
2 eggs
1/2 c. butter
2 t. vanilla
1 c. dried cranberries, fresh blueberries, or any fruit of your liking
1/2 c. chopped pecans, walnuts, or sliced almonds (optional)

Combine dry ingredients. In separate bowl, mix wet ingredients and add to dry. Stir in fruit and nuts. Spread in greased 9x13" pan. Bake 350 for 30 minutes. This is great for breakfast or as a fast snack on the run. Serve it on it's own, or with a bit of milk and a drizzle of maple syrup. Yum!

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE baked oatmeal! I will have to try this with the GF oats I picked up for Masen. - your friend

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...